12 Mar Tea Shop Mountain Chai Creme Brulee
– 2 tsp Tea Shop Mountain Chai
– 375ml pure cream
– 125ml organic full cream milk
– ¼ cup sugar
– ½ vanilla bean, scraped
– 4 egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
2. Place cream, milk, sugar, vanilla bean and Tea Shop Mountain Chai leaves in saucepan, bring to boil and remove from heat and cover. Leave mixture to steep for 15 minutes
3. In a stainless steel bowl, whisk egg yolks. Continue to stir the yolks as you gently add the Mountain Chai mixture over the top.
4. Strain the mixture and ladle into ramekins.
5. Place ramekins in a baking tray. Add boiling water to tray until half way up sides of dishes.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until almost set (mixture will wobble slightly). Remove ramekins from tray. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Sprinkle brulees with brown sugar and either caramelise with a kitchen blow-torch or place under hot grill for 5 minutes or until sugar starts to melt.
Yum! Enjoy with your favourite evening Tea Shop tea.