25 May Chai – add a little spice to your life!
Winter is coming…so why not add a little spice to your next cuppa?
Like many tea blends, drinking Chai regularly can promote health benefits. Dr. Isaac Eliaz writes in an article published in MindBodyGreen, the benefits of this delicious tea;
‘A powerful blend of black tea, herbs and spices, chai has been cherished for centuries in India to preserve health and increase peace of mind. But, the more we learn about chai, the more benefits we find. In addition to improving digestion, chai enhances the immune system, fights inflammation and has antioxidant properties’.
Here are some of the ingredients from Tea Shop’s Mountain Chai and their claimed health benefits;
- Black Tea contains anti- oxidants,
- ginger boosts the immune system and reduces inflammation
- fennel provides potassium and fibre
- star anise – helps treat digestive ailments such as bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation
- cloves – a natural mild analgesic- cloves have been used to soothe stomach pain for centuries and some clinicians even claim it increases libido!
Why not give chai a try! Hand roasted, blended & packaged on the Sunshine Coast.